I have decided that it is time for me to get healthy, and what better time then after the Holidays are over. I'm a sucker for holiday cookies, candies, appetizers, you name it! Well that time has past and its time to get rid of the holiday pudge (and all the pudge that was there before!)
I started a new job as an annuity service specialist in March and moved into my own place with my boyfriend, Zach and dog, Loki in May. I also just purchased my first car in October. I'm becoming a 'real' adult now and part of being an adult is taking care of yourself. Since I got my job and moved out of my parents house I have not done much of any exercise. I also have not been eating very healthy either. Bad combo. I am now at the heaviest I have ever been and I am not happy about it. Half of my clothes in my closet don't fit, it's too depressing going shopping, and I don't ever feel good about myself. I'm sick of it. That's why I have decided it's time to quit whining and do something about it!
I have followed other diet plans in the past, which have worked for losing weight, but haven't worked for keeping it off. That's why I have decided this time I'm going to do it my way. I will incorporate things that I have learned from my past diet plans along with things I learn from reading other diet blogs and websites. It's always interesting to find out how other people have lost all their weight and more importantly, how they kept it off!
A few things I'm going to start with are:
- 1 Drink a LOT of water.
- Healthier snacks at work (nuts, carrot sticks, fruit).
- Smaller portions. This one is very crucial for me, I know I won't be able to cut out all unhealthy foods, that is what makes most diets not stick with me. The key will be if I eat something unhealthy, eat it in small portions!
- Get moving. It's so hard to get myself to do anything after work (I don't get home until 6 pm), but that's going to change. I'm going to make myself do something, even if it's just a walk with Loki.
I Few helpful sources are:
- www.fullplatediet.org This diet is all about eating a lot of fiber to keep you full. They have a great book too that I have:
- www.jillianmichaels.com
- P90X (Zach has the DVDs and we are going to give them a try)
- http://www.diet-blog.com/
- 2 Cookbooks I have are great for low fat cooking and advice, Hungry Girl and Cook This, Not That
So here I go, wish me luck! (I may need it...)

No comments:
Post a Comment